LOW-TECH INNOVATION COMPETITION
LOW-TECH & DECATHLON
Decathlon's mission is to make the pleasure and benefits of practicing sports sustainably accessible to as many people as possible: SPORT FOR ALL!
For us, LOW-TECH is a particularly relevant approach since it makes it possible to develop know-how, products or services for a sporting practice with low environmental impact, reliable and promoting collective resilience, while deeply questioning the needs .
Promote low-tech culture in sports practice and reveal the talents of tomorrow!
THE GAME'S RULES
- Open to any adult resident in France.
- Team of 1 to 5 people.
- Projects must be posted on the co-creation platform before July 7, 2023.
- Only projects in the ideation or prototyping phase are eligible.
- Commercialized or confidential projects are not eligible.
- In the spirit of sharing, the projects that best meet the criteria can be consulted online.
The sober and exciting hike!
Imagine an original solution to a problem encountered before, during or after hiking.
For example :
- How to keep your food cool when hiking in hot weather?
- How to regulate your temperature in hot weather?
- How to avoid getting lost?
- How to combine “comfort” and “hygiene” when hiking?
- How to encourage children to go hiking?
- Registration : from February 15 to May 1, 2023.
- Project submission : from May 1 to July 7, 2023, via the co-creation platform.
- Announcement of the 5 finalist projects : from July 13, 2023
- Workshop : from July 18 to 20, 2023, at the Mountain Store Decathlon in Passy (74), for the 5 finalist projects.
- Closing ceremony and announcement of the winning project: July 20, 2023
When submitting the project (from May 1 to July 7, 2023), you will have to answer the following questions:
- What problem does my project address?
- In concrete terms, how does that work ?
- How is this low-tech?
- How is this unique, original, new?
- What difficulties did you encounter during the development of the project?
- What are your next steps?
- We strongly recommend that you attach photos or videos (sketches, prototypes, experiments, use test, tutorial, environmental impact estimate, for example). It is also possible to attach a PDF document, provided that it is concise and completes the questions you have already answered.
- For the 5 finalist teams: 3 days at the Mountain Store in Passy (74) with the Quechua teams to prototype their project. The package includes half-board as well as travel reimbursement of up to €150 per person.
- For the winning team : a prize of €2000
FAQ available in the “News” tab
The rules are available here .